Legal metrology is mostly required for businesses which are registered as a manufacturer, importer or packer of weighing and measuring instruments and devices. In India, there are different states that have their own online registration portal. At Solubilis, we help our patrons to register themselves in the Legal Metrology portal.
What are the Documents Required for Legal Metrology License
List of Documents that the Manufacturer Need
- The Applicant or the partner’s Photographs, Identity and Address proof
- Date of Birth Proof of applicant/partners
- Ownership proof and Location of the proposed premises.
- Partnership deed, in case of partnership firms.
- Model approval certificate, issued by the Director, with respect to the proposed weighing and measuring instrument
- List of machinery and tools.
- Affidavit to state that applicant would adhere to the Legal provisions and the directions issued by the Controller.
- Affidavit to state that applicant had neither been punished by any Court nor is any criminal proceeding pending in any court.
- Registration document of factory/ shop/ establishment/ municipal trade license, as the case maybe
- Copy of VAT/CST/GST Registration / Copy of PAN