Stage-1 and Stage- 2 Audit
Initial Certification Audit ( Stage 1 Audit):
Stage 1 audit, which is conducted before the Certification audit at client’s option to provide a broad assessment about the implementation and identification of deviation in the compliance of the quality system with the requirements of the certification standards, And advise corrective actions to be taken in advance of the certification audit. It provides valuable inputs to the clients and gives them time to taking necessary corrective actions.
Stage I Audit :
- Ensure that the client meets the requirements of the applicable standards.
- To collect information for planning stage II audit and determine the client’s readiness for stage II audit .
- The stage 1 audit shall be conducted on site as mentioned in the Contract Review Agreement. An audit shall start with opening meeting and shall be concluded with a closing meeting in which client shall be informed about the readiness for the Stage 2 audit.
Stage 2 Audit:
Stage 2 audit shall be conducted within maximum 90 days of completion of stage 1 audit.
Stage II audit is to:
- Ensure that the clients management system conforms to the requirements of the applicable standard.
- The purpose of the stage 2 audit is to evaluate the implementation, including effectiveness, of the client’s management system. The stage 2 audit plan is verified to ensure that the majority of the audit time is given to verify the effective implementation of the management system in the locations where the organization’s activities takes place.
Stage 2 audit shall include
- Information and evidence about conformity to all requirements of the applicable standards .
- Performance monitoring, measuring, reporting and reviewing against key, performance objectives etc.,
- Operational control procedures of the clients management system
- Internal auditing and management review
- Management commitment and responsibility for the client’s policies
- Look in to various mandatory records to ensure that the operation of management system is smooth.
- Monitoring the evidence of customer satisfaction